Monday, December 1, 2008

away with the kids...but now let's talk about something actually relaxing...

I've been away, hence no blogging. I went away with my brother's family. He has 2 girls, 5 and 1, and we have 2 boys, 4 and 1. It was great for the cousins to get to know each other and for us to reconnect with my brother and his wife. Some asked: Did you have a good time? The answer - Yes! Some asked: Do you feel relaxed now? the answer - uh, no. 24/7 kids............. plus, I did have to take some marking with me for the distance course I have been teaching.

Now, this is where I would like to go next. With husband. Without kids. Or perhaps go do this, with a female friend. Without her kids.

I should also let you know my grandmother is being moved into a nursing home tomorrow, though it doesn't look good for her long term.

3 comments:

mimbles said...

Which nursing home is she going to Megan? My Grandma is in the new BCS Shalom Centre at Marsfield.

Megan said...

Hi Mim,we looked at the new centre but it's expensive (she needs highest level care). We have her down on a waiting list for the old Shalom, but currently no vacancies. So for now she will be going to one in Beecroft. But (if she survives that long) we would hope to get her over to Shalom later.

mimbles said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow, I hope the move goes smoothly, it's a pretty stressful event for everyone involved. Give my love to everyone *hugs*