Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a gingerbread.....beach?

I spent yesterday evening making a gingerbread house at the church my playgroup is at. I am inordinately pleased with myself (despite the fact I made it from a kit...) . Let's hope it lasts til Christmas.

But I was a little bemused by the reminder of how northern hemisphere our Christmas still is. Then I started thinking - how could you make an Australian gingerbread construction? after all it's all that snowy icing which sticks it together. Any ideas? I thought maybe blue icing with a sun and sea scene somehow.......or yellow icing for sand?

I found this Australian gingerbread house kit, but it didn't really work for me. I also saw this one on a blog, which worked much better, and actually looks Aussie, but still - what is the white meant to be?

* I'll try to get round to putting a photo up of my house before we eat it!

2 comments:

mimbles said...

I've done the same old thing with our ginger bread house each year, gets kind of boring. I think you may have just inspired me!

Hmmm, bark hut theme? House with verandah all the way round? Queenslander - could be tricky!

Prue said...

How about a nice outdoor dunny?