Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 review 2009 preview

I just looked at my post a year ago about 2008. I did great at my goals for the kids. Sparky did pretty much all except for startng music, but we did informal stuff. Scout (previously Owl) also did all, though moral education for him was tougher than with our eldest!!

I didn't do so well at goals for myself. Most were about finding time for things other than kids and work, and the only area I did better in this regard was housework. The one I did well was helping my kids to understand the bigness of God's love, so this pleased me.

I feel happy that I am a better mother than I sometimes feel i am day to day - that while it can feel like you are getting nowhere,looking back over a year, we got there. But my self care needs work, and my care for relationships other than kids.

As for 2009:

Sparky: get him ready for school. read the bible with him. Help him to have greater responsiblity, compassion and patience. Make him feel very loved.

Scout: get him ready for preschool - including toilet trained. Introduce him to first knowledge of God. Help him to be more obedient and careful, without dampening his wonderful sense of adventure. Make him feel very loved.

Me: find time for all the things I struggled to last year: relaxation, my husband, my friends, prayer. Lose a little bit of weight and help my husband Bhaer to as well. start the doctorate - but have some time wth no-one in house studying first! Become a more gracious person.

No comments: