Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Grief

Good Friday has always, since I was a child, held much meaning for me, but it has added significance in recent years.

I lost my first child on a Good Friday 6 years ago, to miscarriage. The date itself (April 18th that year I think) hasn't stuck in mind, rather the poignancy of it being Good Friday. He/she would have started school this year. I always remember my first child on Good Friday and look forward to meeting that child in the future - the future that is ours through Christ.

That day 6 years ago was one in which I gained an insight into the terrible pain of God the Father. I had always been moved by Christ choosing to die for me , but now I had some understanding of the depth of the suffering of the parent. As I lost my child, which took several painful lonely and scary hours, I thought about the loss of the Son to the Father. In my grief, which almost overwhelmed me, I clung on to this, and found my way to the beginning of hope.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Heaven will be wonderful, won't it?

Megan said...

oh yes - see my post above!!!!!