Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday sickness

We were woken at 5 this morning by a very sick Scout. He missed out on his Easter eggs, and we have spent all day trying to keep water in him (without him gulping too much!!!) It went well during the day but he started looking well afternoon tea, had too much too soon to eat, and vomited again before dinner. He has been a very cranky and very clingy kid.

Can I confess to you as I write this I am feeling fairly sad and sorry for myself? And very much hoping Scout stays asleep tonight? As well as sad for Scout, Sparky and Bhaer. Our plan of joyful celebrations today didn't really turn out the way we hoped.

I'm finding it hard to remember that this too passes, so I can only imagine how it must feel to a 2 year old with a very rudimentary concept of time.

I'm struggling with being glad right now. I am worrying about who might be next. But I am putting my hopes in that time when God wipes my tears, and 2 year olds don't get tummy bugs.

No comments: