Wednesday, April 1, 2009

200 posts and miscellanea

To state the obvious after my title, this is my 200th post. I am truly amazed that I am still blogging (I do have a tendency to be faddish...). I think I have kept going because of the helpful interaction with those of you who read and comment . So thank you! And to any lurkers out there, now could be a moment to delurk!

I've been absent from my blog for a week - I had a weekend away sans kids (ahhh) and been busy since I got back.

The major happening in our home is that Scout, having shown the ability to climb out of his cot, has been moved into a bed. The first 2 nights he was true to his Blog name by falling out the end of the bed - he couldn't fall out the side because we have a safety rail on. I have now rigged up a barrier with chairs and last night no falls (Sparky woke up twice instead...). Sparky never did fall out the end, so I don't know when Scout's adventurous sleep patterns will improve. Anyone else have a kids that did this?

5 comments:

Andrew Paterson said...

Congrats on post #200! From an avid reader.

PS - looks like Cecily and I may be very close to finding a new position. Hopefully will be able to confirm by end of the week (did I mention we were leaving Mittagong?).

Kris said...

Congrats on 200!

Both Boo and Eldest have rails on most of their bed (including the ends), so falls have been absent, thankfully. I'm a little apprehensive about moving Boo from her toddler bed, however, as she's a very mobile sleeper. We found her a little toddler bed on special for a very small price, which is low to the ground and has safety rails on most sides. We just used her cot mattress and linen, too.

Would Scout benefit from something like that?

Megan said...

Hey andrew! I had picked up that you were moving - glad there is something on the horizon already - so you going to come back this way??

Hey Kris, toddler bed would be good but we inherited the bed, and need to use it so that it comes out of the living room so we can move the piano in so Sparky can start lessons.....(the juggling of a small house!) - but the chairs seem to be working at the moment.

mimbles said...

I never bothered with rails on beds. David went into a big bed a bit before 2 yrs and I think only fell out once or twice and that was months after he'd made the move.

Cailtin went on to a mattress on the floor a bit earlier than Dave because she was escaping the cot and plummeting to the floor and we had a spare mattress already (it had been under Dave's bed). For the first couple of nights I found her curled up on the floor on the other side of the room the next morning but I don't think she ever fell out once we'd got around to buying her a bed.

I don't remember how old Tom was or if he ever fell out. Does that make me a bad parent? LOL

Congrats on 200 posts!

Megan said...

Ethan used to fall out the side for ages if we didn't have the rail in the correct place.


Your kids Mim must be sounder sleepers than mine.