Monday, December 10, 2007

Another Christmas meme!

I had never done a meme, and now 2 within a week! Both on Christmas! So tag to Prue, Kristen and Kaylene. Look forward to seeing your answers. (Further note, 13/12: I was intially tagged by Nicole, if you want to check out her answers)

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Cheap. We have a mortgage…
2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up on artificial, but my husband has converted me to real. We go as a family to the farm to cut one down together.
3. When do you put up your tree? 2-3 weeks before.
4. When do you take the tree down? After epiphany. (so, Jan 7)
5. Do you like eggnog? Not sure I have ever had it! I like the idea of it…
6. Favourite gift received as a child? Dolls. If I was given one, it was always the favourite. Otherwise books.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, on our wooden advent calendar. Plus another little Mexican pottery one that I can’t for the life of me find.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My grandmother. What do you need at almost 90?
9. Easiest person to buy for? My Dad. Books.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Film for a camera I didn’t own.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a wonderful life. see the other meme
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I am increasingly more organised about this– so yes a few months before if I see something.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I have to my shame, regifted.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? I love getting the magazines and planning a whole menu with my mum. The more elaborate the better (I love cooking!). But you know, it isn’t Christmas without some choccies in my stocking.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have none. I am concerned about the use of energy, but also at the moment the possibility of just begun walking Owl pulling on the cord – as it is, the Tree is on the dining table this year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night – seriously sublime.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Go to family in Sydney.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No. Though hang on the song is now starting to play in my head and I can remember quite a few.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Either is good. Though angels always see,m to stay on better. This year we have an angel made by Sparky.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On the day. Eve is just cheating.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Santa. Feeling guilty for allowing Sparky to know the truth after he worked it out at 2, and then annoyed that I feel guilty about this.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? I have been converted to the real tree – but I kinda miss the fun of working out how to construct the artificial one each year.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? My family owned it. Someone gave us a plastic santa with a gold glitter suit, and then to add to this, santa’s face fell off, giving him a black hole instead – so it became the liberace as the undead santa. Actually amused my family no end one whole Christmas as we kept trying to top each other’s jokes…..
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I like themed trees – I am an aesthetic legalist, as some might know. Tinsel is not allowed within 100 metres of my tree. However, since having Sparky, I do put up the decorations he makes – in the midst of my otherwise tasteful red and white themed tree.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? Love came down at Christmas ( the title of the sermon I am currently writing!!! – see Philippians 2)

1 comment: