Monday, February 4, 2008

a week is a long time in blogland

Well, sorry I haven't blogged for a week - it's been busy! Why? Sparky starting preschool, for one thing. I have photos, but haven't got round to loading to computer....

Good thing last week I sent myself a weekly blog task of appreciating the week that was, or I might not be blogging now.

This week:
1. Sparky having the dream preschool start. No tears, no dramas, and the teacher says he is happy and confident. Ah bliss.
2. Sparky confident at his second swimming lesson - what made this even better was that he afterwards told me that he was a little scared, but that he was Ok and he enjoyed it. So it wasn't fearlessness, but good fear coping strategies.
3. Spending time with Owl while Sparky at preschool. As a consequence, or at least it seemed that way to me, Owl seemed to develop by leaps and bounds this week - he nods for yes, shakes for no, and said lots more words. Very helpful, though still screams for drink.
4. getting more on top of the housework, because of 1.
5. reading lots more lately - I am currently reading the memoirs of Canon SB Babbage which fills you in on the anglican scene in Oz last century - interesting (but then I really like Trollope too, in particular the barsetshire chronicles) - perhaps more interesting to me too because I am related by marriage to him, as well as being a past recipient of a prize named after him!

No comments: