Friday, August 17, 2007

whatever became of...90s oz bands

2 posts below I mentioned a crush on a guy from an aussie band in the early 90s - adam tried to identify them but no luck - after I recalled that they had a strange skivvy uniform (not like the wiggles - they had black ones) I managed to find them online - they were called the sharp - see article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sharp. and myspace page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=230497904

the one I liked was allan catlin.

felt very nostalgic when I saw them, for all those aussie bands that were around in my late teens - early 20s (ah! salad days..) and have now sadly been long forgotten - while if they were american they would probably be playing las vegas now...

so my challenge - anyone want to pay their respects to other such bands "lest we forget?"

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I had quite a soft spot for "A-HA" when I was younger, particularly their lead singer. I recently hunted down some videos on YouTube, and they have a couple of recent gigs. He's looking a little more craggy now.