Tuesday, August 7, 2007

facebook addiction

I would like to confess my new facebook addiction. Part of the addiction is that it is engineered to have things happen to you everyday or to people you know, so you feel like you should check back to find out....

But I have found facebook a good thing because:
- 1) many of my friends who are parents with small kids are on it. This time of your life can be quite isolating - this gives us some degree of community and support without leaving the house.
- 2) there are many people I know and like who I would love to spend time with or get to know better but can't because of 1) or because they live too far away. This enables me to keep some degree of friendship going until a later time when there might be more chance to catch up
- 3) it is good with church people, now I can know what is going on for them sooner - as a part time pastor this helps.

it isn't a substitute for depth interaction face-to-face or even on the phone, but it fills in the gaps until this can happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of us just like to *poke* people, hehe...

Sir Lipton

Anonymous said...

Facebook is the new Ice