Thursday, March 12, 2009

Movies coming soon - a non exhaustive list

Here are a list of up coming movies this year I am interested in. Very probably there are some great ones coming up that I ignore here because it is hard to tell from a plot synopsis how good something is, but here we have ones that have piqued my interest so far - and by the way, no links - come on people, use google for those you are interested in ;)

March:
slumdog millionaire - all those oscars and a feelgood tone...I think I will take myself for my birthday.

April
inkheart - based on book by Cornelia Funke. Read this recently. Fantasy based on children's books.
the boat that rocked - rock n roll film with bill nighy, rhys ifans phillip seymour hoffmann. kenneth branagh, director richard curtis. Looks fun

July
harry potter - how can I miss this?

september
fame - oh yeah, remember the tv series? remember, remember FAME! ahhh, I'm going to see this even if it's bad....

october
julie and julia
(streep, amy adams and cooking. Better go with a full tummy.)

december
where the wild things are - with Sparky? as long as not too scary?

late 2009 or early 2010:
Nine - a musical with daniel day lewis, judi dench, nciole kidman, mariona cotillard and more....you have to check out this cast list.

away we go: sam mendes, allison janney, maggie gyllenhaal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, come on. More explosions, please.

:)