Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is it just me?

Does anyone else do this? I have a little book I write favourite recipes in - one side adult, the other kid oriented. I write down my own little changes and tips when I copy recipes. I take this when I go away so that I can cook my own recipes. I lent it to my mother when I had my youngest so that she could cook food for my eldest from the recipes he was was used to eating. I lost it for a while (which was quite distressing!) but recently found it when I did a big clean up. But here's the morbid thing - I make sure my husband knows where it is in case I get run over by a bus. I reason that it's hard enough to lose your mum, without losing all your favourite reassuringly familiar food as well.

In other news (using the word in the broadest sense), Sparky just got his winter shoes, and at 3.5 years, he is now wearing (gasp!) size 11. By my reckoning, he will have the same size as me by around age 7. Which will be handy - stilettos go down a treat with the other boys in the playground LOL.

2 comments:

Prue said...

And I wonder how big his dad's feet were at that age...

Megan, I think its just you with the recipe book! ;)

Cecily said...

My 'recipes' (ha ha) are in my head. Or in a jar in the cupboard. Oh, how I dislike cooking.

However, my aunty, who was dying of cancer made sure she wrote down all her recipes and taught her teenage kids and husband to cook them. Sounds like you're on the right track.