Wednesday, January 2, 2008

owls


Here they are! The mostly green one is Owl's, the mostly blue one is Sparky's. Posed on our dining chair, you can see Owl's arm near floor. I have put them slightly side on so you can see the different colour backs. Made using felt and fabric - the fabric is by designer Amy Butler, who does gorgeous stuff. You can find the original mini mockup by the very clever Prue here - mine is larger of course, I have used fabric patches, and I have omitted the legs - while very cute, I was making these for hugging in bed, so thought the legs may be a bit scratchy for that purpose. I attached the wings correctly on Sparky's, but abandoned beauty on Owl's for just making them very securely attached on his, as he is still at the chewy stage. Oh, and worth noting I used synthetic felt, but as Sparky's is already pilling (he cuddles his in bed) next time will shell out for wool felt.

2 comments:

Prue said...

I'm sure I left a comment here the other day, but apparently I didn't...

They look great! Well done!

Kris said...

very cute! :)