Saturday, April 14, 2007

earliest experience

further to last post. I was thinking about my experience as a newborn, that while I was used to sharing the womb, when I came out due to being very small, I was put in a humidicrib and then stayed in hospital til 7.5 weeks old. So my twin was taken away at birth - how did this affect me? And they now know that children need touch from day one - so the humidicrib I was in, which had no holes for touching - has been replaced with touch friendly ones these days. This explains quite a bit about me (if you know me you might be able to work that out). Watching my 2 children, I can see the birth order influence already shaping their personalities. My eldest, who was an only child only 3 m onths ago, is now suddenly displaying eldest characteristics. My youngest is developing more pateince, as he is forced to wait more than my first. How much of who we are is determined pre memory even?

No comments: