Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Party Planning

I have to admit that the thought of planning kid's parties really doesn't thrill me. So far for Sparky and Scout I haven't really planned a proper one at home. For Sparky last year we went with what in our house is called the Scottish Place (because of Sparky's ability to spell - can you guess which fast food chain?).

But this year I feel it is about time I made an effort. Sparky's 5th birthday is in about 2 months. I'm thinking a cooking party - making mini pizzas and cookies. Any ideas or suggestions on where to get supplies will be welcome!

3 comments:

juliette said...

Do you have a breadmaker or access to one (borrow mine if you want). If so, pizza dough is really easy to make and then they can have fun shaping and decorating it (a bit like playdough!) and then hopefully enjoy the results. Depending on how adventurous the tastebuds of the 5 year olds are, possibly all you'd need would be ham, cheese (buy it already grated at the supermarket) and pineapple! Olive rounds would be good for eyes though and tomato paste for mouths etc. The sky's the limit! I've far less exeperience in cookies :).

Megan said...

I'm thinking of buying one, as I just found out recently I am gluten intolerant. Is it worth having?

I've been tossing up between making dough or using pre bought bases. the dough does sound fun though.

Sparky is quite adventurous with his pizzas - has things like feta, capsicum, tomato, basil, mushrooms. Now, if I could get him to eat olives he could have a supreme pizza....

juliette said...

I would say definitely get one if you are gluten intolerant! Friends who are have one and say it is heaps cheaper than buying gluten-free bread.

Face pizzas are fun with kids - slices of mushroom for ears etc...