Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gasp! childfree time and sleep ins

If you read Prue as well you will know that I have been away with Prue for a mini break, sans kids. Thanks so much Prue for inviting me! You can read her entertaining synopsis here, though she doesn't mention our meal at a Katoomba cafe run by a Christian (well some questions over this designation!) commune, which we didn't realise was the case until after we had ordered. There have been serious concerns raised about the group as I discovered when I researched them later. Suddenly the amazing cheapness of the food was explained - the workers are according to what I have read, not paid ( see previous link).

Other than that, we had a lovely time. A relaxing time out, though we didn't take time off from our masterchef addiction. Fortunately we shared this, so we were both willing to time everything else around it.

2 comments:

juliette said...

Thanks so much for the newspaper link for more info about this group Megan!! I have a friend who with her husband and five kids have visited this group and thought of joining them. I sent the link to the article to her and I pray that they wouldn't be sucked into this cult.

Megan said...

Nice to hear from you! Yes, I've been telling people about this group too.