Sunday, May 10, 2009

Baking not blogging

I've been baking a little recently (not blogging so much had an internet problem). The latest things made have been a bready gingerbread (yes, I owe the recipe to some of you, haven't typed it up yet), a lemon yogurt cake, and today for my mum in law for mother's day dinner,a pear and maple syrup crumble. Let me share that with you because it is really free and easy and strict measuring really isn't important - I made it tonight by chucking in handfuls of things pretty much at whim. Serves 4.

fruit filling:
4 pears roughly chopped, leave skin on. Put in baking dish, chuck in brown sugar, maple syrup and raisins to taste. I could forgo the raisins, but Bhaer likes them.

topping:
almond meal, rolled oats, brown sugar, maple syrup and softened butter. Make enough to cover top, and mix ingredients to taste. I personally love a brown sugar heavy top.

oven: preheat 180C. put in well about 30-40 mins, but look just check it, top must be browned and pears soft.

Very adaptable to what you have at hand. Also very calorific - but hey! It was mother's day!

No photo. Is in my tum.

No comments: