Monday, May 26, 2008

Progressive poem meme and the plague reaches epic proportions

I was tagged for a progressive poem meme by Nicole - Prue started it. Their contributions are the first 4 lines, I continue with the next 2. (see sidebar for links to Prue and Nicole)

I have a friend, his name is Jack,
He is a hypochondriac.

He spends his days combating germs,
and memorising Latin terms.

with great distress he will disrobe,
He's proud to be a nudophobe.

For those interested in my thinking here, I was getting the idea of Jack as an educated but fussy faddish individual full of odd quirks - going off and finding the proper names for these eccentricities with great glee. I considered going with him as a faddish eater (like Jack Spratt, another famous jack), but couldn't find an appropriate rhyme, so went this way instead - but perhaps a later rhymer will tackle this idea?

I tag maccarthaigh family , who I don't know but expressed an interest in this meme on Nicole's post (Hi! nice to meet you!)

In other news, Owl came down with hand foot and mouth disease, hence still very little blogging!!! He is on the mend now.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Great lines! You've really worked on the characterisation of Jack haven't you?

And I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing ills. Jake had HFM when he was one - the week before Christmas (so we missed family Christmas that year!). I can still remember how yucky that virus was almost 5 years down the track. Hope things improve soon.

Prue said...

The twists and turns in the life of Jack... Who knew what I was starting!

Hope Owl is better soon.

Niall MacC said...

ok, I have a couple of lines... Check them out on the blog. Thanks for the tag, it is fun!
Ruth