Friday, May 16, 2008

movie meme


1. One movie that made you laugh
The Wedding Banquet – I was slapping my thighs. I saw it with 2 friends who despite protesting in one case that she would never have a chinese wedding banquet (she’s chinese) and the other that he wouldn’t get married at all – ending up marrying each other (weren’t going out when saw movie) and having their very own wedding banquet!


2. One movie that made you cry
It would be easier to state a movie that didn’t make me cry. Sophie’s Choice comes to mind for the sheer agony of her choice. Cried buckets in that. (Also my favourite movie Life is Beautiful)


3. One movie you loved when you were a child
The Sound of Music – yep I sang along. My husband used to deride me for ages about this, until I made him watch it – as he cried during the hiding from the Nazis scene – he admitted he quite liked the movie…


4. One movie you’ve seen more than once
See above. Also Grease (musicals bear repeated watching because you can sing along). And for Nicole who tagged me – I watched Room with a View multiple times as a teen too – especially certain scenes…


5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it
I’m not embarrassed by what I like. Perhaps more generally, I have a high tolerance for romantic comedies, even if they are pretty B grade – though that doesn’t really embarrass me.


6. One movie you hated
Titanic – overwrought emotion.


7. One movie that scared you
Silence of the Lambs – I saw it with my cousin when we were home alone together at her place as uni students – we slept with the lights on that night.


8. One movie that bored you
Hey Dude where’s my car. I went with a bunch of guys from the single men’s block at Morling College when I lived on (as a married). They loved it, I was bored witless. Though, the funny thing was that my twin brother managed around this time to forget where his car was and became known as the Hey Dude where’s my car guy around his office.


9. One movie that made you happy
One I remember that had a real joie de vivre was Much ado about Nothing (Kenneth Branagh version).


10. One movie that made you miserable
One time when I was little, we tried to go see Lassie with my Dad. But we accidentally went into Ginger Meggs instead, which none of us liked the FIRST time we saw it, let alone a second time. So we all went home without seeing a movie. Pretty sad at about 6 or 7.


11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see
Romper Stomper – I went with Margaret Pomerantz over David Stratton and decided not to see it.


12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with
The main character in Dead Poets society – and he meets such a tragic end too. I have to say, the present day Robert Sean Leonard in House doesn’t do much for me.


13. The last movie you saw
On DVD, Nurse Betty. Disturbing – kinda funny, but in the end a dubious morality I thought – you are meant to accept the professional killer as providing the message . At the movies, Juno – I very much enjoyed this.


14. The next movie you hope to see
Anything at the movies!!!! I just want to get out…………..Love in a time of Cholera starts soon, and I just read the book, so maybe that.
I was tagged by Nicole. I tag Kaylene, Kristen and Mim (see sidebar for links).

3 comments:

Nicole said...

We do have similar tastes! Wish I'd thought of some of your picks.

Prue said...

Hmmm... we don't have the same taste about musicals - I hate them!

mimbles said...

Did it: here. I actually found it quite difficult. Maybe I just don't care enough about movies. Odd.