Saturday, September 22, 2007

a flair for the dramatic?

sparky - (sorry another cute anecdote!!!) - has been showing a very dramatic turn of speech lately. Instances:
1. yesterday when I was ignoring the repeated mum!s from the backseat of the car because you know I actually wanted to talk to my husband for a change. - he exclaimed with a flourish "Ladies and gentleman, I said MUM!"
2. today when we set off for a walk with Owl in the pram, he came up to the pram and announced (with perfect intonation too) Follow that pram!
I have the sneaking suspicion that a lot of the time he is in his own mind not a boy, but a ringmaster, or policeman or...... so I am left trying to work out at times what part I am currently playing.

2 comments:

mimbles said...

Maid of all work? Chief cook and bottle washer? Personal slave?

I'm sure they're the roles I fill in my kids' fantasy lives :P

Cecily said...

General sidekick. I think I might get a tshirt with that printed on the front.