Friday, July 13, 2007

teaching to sleep

We are currently using controlled comforting/crying - whatever you want to call it - to teach our baby (Owl) to sleep. I know there is a huge debate on this but as Owl had got to the point of refusing to sleep in his cot at all, we were desperate. Done one night so far - went really well. 3/4 hour to go to sleep, but then we only had to go in twice more during the night. Best sleep in 6 months for me, and now I feel like i can be a good mum to Sparky (2 y.o.) and a good wife too - manage all my responsiblities better. Still, not there yet, but an encouraging start - and owl doest sem traumatised. Lots of cuddles this morning!

1 comment:

Cecily said...

It's a hard thing to do.
With our number 3, when he was 9 weeks I was desperate for sleep and thought: it's either him or me. So I put him in his cot down one end of the house, shut all the doors to the other end of the house, put in my earplugs, went to bed and got up at 6.30 the next morning. He was still alive, which was good. So I felt ok about leaving him from then!
Good luck!